Directions: From Boulder take Flagstaff Road west almost all the way to Gross Reservoir. You'll pass through the park, look for the Meyer's Homestead trailhead and parking area.
The Meyer's Homestead Trail has a lot to offer, Aspens in the Fall, Wildflowers in the Spring, and great views all year long. The trail follows an old dirt road through the historic homestead, remnants of old ranch buildings can be seen. Mostly you hike through open meadow with the occasional pine forest and Aspen grove. Your destination is the Boulder Canyon Overlook at the fence to the property. The tremendous view includes Sugarloaf Mountain, the Indian Peaks, and Longs Peak all towering over Boulder Canyon.
This is a beautiful part of Boulder County and very accessible. It's understandable why the Meyers' choose this as their homestead.
HIKES BY REGION
NATIONAL PARK HIKES
- BENT'S OLD FORT NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON NATIONAL PARK
- COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CURECANTI NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
- DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
- FLORISSANT FOSSIL BEDS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK
- HOVENWEEP NATIONAL MONUMENT
- SAND CREEK MASSACRE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- YUCCA HOUSE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- HIKES BY CATEGORY
- $UPPORT GHC
- INTERACTIVE MAP
Meyer's Homestead Trail
Date Hiked: August 21, 2012
Distance: 5.7 mi (RT)