DIRECTIONS: The main parking lot for Memorial Park is located off of 59th Street in Arvada. From Olde Wadsworth Blvd, turn left (west) on 59th Street and turn into the parking lot.
This segment of the Ralston Creek Trail starts at Memorial Park and heads west through Hoskinson Park ending at Ralston Center Park. Linking these three parks makes for a nice easy walk and is great for the kiddos since both Memorial Park and Ralston Center Park have great playgrounds.
Memorial Park is a nice open space with the Frisbee Golf Course being the main draw...there is also a skate park, a playground, and picnic areas. The Ralston Creek Trail leaves the park from the western end by crossing a bridge. From Memorial Park to Carr Street, the trail is really just a sidewalk but once you pass under Carr Street, you enter Hoskinson Park and the trail returns.
Hoskinson Park is a narrow stretch of greenway that leads to The Ralston Center Park. At this point in the walk you get nice views of Mt. Evans in the distance. Ralston Center Park has a loop trail, a historic pavillion, a splash pad, and a playground. The park is a nice destination for this short walk.
HIKES BY REGION
NATIONAL PARK HIKES
- BENT'S OLD FORT NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON NATIONAL PARK
- COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CURECANTI NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
- DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
- FLORISSANT FOSSIL BEDS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK
- HOVENWEEP NATIONAL MONUMENT
- SAND CREEK MASSACRE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- YUCCA HOUSE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- HIKES BY CATEGORY
- $UPPORT GHC
- INTERACTIVE MAP
Ralston Creek Trail
Memorial Park to Ralston Center Park
Date Hiked: March 17, 2020
Distance: 1.7 mi (RT)
Elevation Gain: Minimal
Elevation: 5,300 ft
Managing Agency: City of Arvada Parks