Directions: This short lakeside hike starts from the North Teller Lake Trailhead on Valmont Road, east of Boulder. From Boulder take Hwy 7 (Arapahoe Road) east, past Valmont Reservoir. Make a left (north) on N. 75th Street, and turn right (east) on Valmont Road. The trailhead is on the right.
When you can't see the mountains, nor the foothills, and can't see blue sky, where is one to go hiking? The plains. North Teller Lake east of Boulder is a short lakeside trail that leads to a lookout, and a nice area to do some fishing. Past the official trail, a single track leads around the north and east lake shores, but does not connect to a loop.
You can add some distance from this trailhead by following the East Boulder - Teller Farm trail nearly 2 miles south to Teller Lake #1.
HIKES BY REGION
NATIONAL PARK HIKES
- BENT'S OLD FORT NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON NATIONAL PARK
- COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CURECANTI NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
- DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
- FLORISSANT FOSSIL BEDS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK
- HOVENWEEP NATIONAL MONUMENT
- SAND CREEK MASSACRE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- YUCCA HOUSE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- HIKES BY CATEGORY
- $UPPORT GHC
- INTERACTIVE MAP