Directions: From Denver take I-70 west to Wadsworth Blvd. Head north on Wadsworth and turn left (west) on 68th. Turn right on Garrison and head north to the Nature Center Parking Lot.
The Majestic View Nature Center and Park is a wonderful resource to the community. The center offers all sorts of educational programs, interpretive trails, and a terrific garden focused on local flora. The nature trail is short but very peaceful. You can link to paved trails that head north into the park for a longer walk.
From the nature center head north on the paved trail and keep your eyes out for the narrow dirt trail heading down to the pond. The pond is very peaceful and has a nice wildlife viewing area. The trail skirts the eastern shore then links up to the gardens. From the gardens follow the sign to the Cattail trail. The trail will take you back south crossing Garrison Street. Enter through an opening in the fence and follow the gravel path down to a wetland area. There are interpretive signs along the way to teach you a bit about the riparian habitat. The trail then loops around and puts you back onto Garrison Street. At the name implies there are nice views here of the Front Range foothills. Walk along the street back to the nature center parking lot.
HIKES BY REGION
NATIONAL PARK HIKES
- BENT'S OLD FORT NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON NATIONAL PARK
- COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CURECANTI NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
- DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
- FLORISSANT FOSSIL BEDS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK
- HOVENWEEP NATIONAL MONUMENT
- SAND CREEK MASSACRE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- YUCCA HOUSE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- HIKES BY CATEGORY
- $UPPORT GHC
- INTERACTIVE MAP