DIRECTIONS: There are two good places to park to access this trail section; there is road side parking just off of Pierce Street at the eastern end of the trail, or park in the middle of the trail section at the intersection of Peakview Drive and Yukon Street.
The eastern half of the Lilley Gulch Regional Trail extends from Wadsworth Blvd on the west to Pierce Street at the eastern terminus of the trail. Almost this entire section runs through Woodmar Square Park which is a beautiful open natural space. The park has some ball fields and playgrounds and the trail nicely weaves through cottonwood trees growing along the banks of the narrow creek.
This section of trail should be spectacular in the fall when the cottonwood trees turn yellow. The trail is pleasant as it crosses the creek on multiple bridges and cuts under the neighborhood roads through tunnels. When heading westbound there are nice views of the foothills in the distance.
All in all, a very pleasant stretch of paved trail, perfect for a quick walk through the suburbs.
HIKES BY REGION
NATIONAL PARK HIKES
- BENT'S OLD FORT NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON NATIONAL PARK
- COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CURECANTI NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
- DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
- FLORISSANT FOSSIL BEDS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK
- HOVENWEEP NATIONAL MONUMENT
- SAND CREEK MASSACRE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- YUCCA HOUSE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- HIKES BY CATEGORY
- $UPPORT GHC
- INTERACTIVE MAP
Lilley Gulch Regional Trail
Wadsworth Blvd. to Pierce Street
Date Hiked: March 5, 2020
Distance: 2.1 mi (RT)
Elevation Gain: Minimal
Elevation: 5,535 ft
Trailhead Lat/Long: 39º 36' 03" N; 105º 04' 57" W
Managing Agency: Foothills Parks & Rec. District