Directions: From Boulder, head east on Arapahoe Rd (Hwy 7). The trail head in off Arapahoe Road, just past Naropa University.
Are you looking for a short hike with a view of Valmont Reservoir, the train tracks, AND the refinery? Then this hike's for you!
Maybe there is a great view of the mountains from Legion Park, there is a sign that tells you which peaks you are looking at. Unfortunately for me, the only view I had was of cloud and industry. That being said, it is a nice park. There are not many places to hike around Valmont Reservoir and this loop is a nice one, it's good for kids and offers a good view of the reservoir. I'll have to come back when it's nice out and see if the mountain view is worth it.
HIKES BY REGION
NATIONAL PARK HIKES
- BENT'S OLD FORT NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON NATIONAL PARK
- COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CURECANTI NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
- DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
- FLORISSANT FOSSIL BEDS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK
- HOVENWEEP NATIONAL MONUMENT
- SAND CREEK MASSACRE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- YUCCA HOUSE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- HIKES BY CATEGORY
- $UPPORT GHC
- INTERACTIVE MAP