Directions: From Fruita follow 340 South crossing over the Colorado River. Turn left (East) into the parking area for Dinosaur Hill.
Dinosaur Hill is a great hike for kids, adults, paleontology buffs, hikers, photographers, yadda, yadda, yadda...
Located just South of Fruita, a hike up to the top of Dinosaur Hill provides wonderful views of the entrance to Colorado National Monument's red rock canyons as well as the Colorado River and the Grand Junction's Book Cliffs. As you follow the well maintained trail you'll learn all about the local geology and the important paleontological finds in the area. This short hike is both fun and educational and makes for a terrific add-on to a trip to Grand Junction or Colorado National Monument.
HIKES BY REGION
NATIONAL PARK HIKES
- BENT'S OLD FORT NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON NATIONAL PARK
- COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CURECANTI NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
- DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
- FLORISSANT FOSSIL BEDS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK
- HOVENWEEP NATIONAL MONUMENT
- SAND CREEK MASSACRE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- YUCCA HOUSE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- HIKES BY CATEGORY
- $UPPORT GHC
- INTERACTIVE MAP