DIRECTIONS: Gold Strike Park is located at the intersection of Ralston Road and W. 56th Ave.
The portion of the Clear Creek Trail between Gold Strike Park and Harlan Street is short but notable for a few reasons. First of all, Gold Strike Park is location of the first official discovery of gold in Colorado, secondly the pedestrian bridge crossing Clear Creek is something of an architectural landmark. Lastly Gold Strike park serves as the eastern terminus of the Ralston Creek Trail which stretches from Gold Strike Park to Arvada Reservoir north of Golden.
The trail starts at the Gold Strike parking lot and leads over the pedestrian bridge where it connects with the Clear Creek Trail. From here, follow the trail west following the creek. The trail ends at 52nd Ave and continuing on the Clear Creek Trail requires some navigation through a suburban community before the trail continues at Harlan Street.
This stretch of the trail does not have any natural surface side trails and mainly follows a narrow greenway corridor. This segment also marks the end of the portion of the trail traversing industrial areas. The trail at Harlan Street heading west is far more scenic.
HIKES BY REGION
NATIONAL PARK HIKES
- BENT'S OLD FORT NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON NATIONAL PARK
- COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CURECANTI NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
- DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
- FLORISSANT FOSSIL BEDS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK
- HOVENWEEP NATIONAL MONUMENT
- SAND CREEK MASSACRE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- YUCCA HOUSE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- HIKES BY CATEGORY
- $UPPORT GHC
- INTERACTIVE MAP
Clear Creek Trail
Gold Strike Park to Harlan Street
Date Hiked: November 24, 2017
Distance: 1.5 mi (RT)
Elevation Gain: Minimal
Elevation: 5275 ft
Trailhead Lat/Long: 39º 47' 53" N;105º 03' 25" W
Managing Agency: City of Arvada