DIRECTIONS: From I-70, exit at Havana Street and head south. Turn left on MLK Blvd and turn left into the Bluff Lake Nature Center Parking Area.
Bluff Lake is a small but scenic wildlife and nature preserve near the Stapleton Neighborhood on Denver's east side. The park consists of a wonderful Nature Center with programs and nature based educational services and a 1.5 mile trail around Bluff Lake. The trail makes for an easy walk with minimal elevation gain.
The southern segment of the trail follows the top of a bluff before descending down to a lush riparian wetland area, with a wildlife blind for stealthy viewing. Following the trail along the north shore has shady trees and a small boardwalk for wildlife viewing before returning to the Nature Center.
This little oasis of nature has a lot to offer and is perfect for a quick outing with the kids or just a relaxing walk for the grown-ups.
HIKES BY REGION
NATIONAL PARK HIKES
- BENT'S OLD FORT NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- BLACK CANYON OF THE GUNNISON NATIONAL PARK
- COLORADO NATIONAL MONUMENT
- CURECANTI NATIONAL RECREATION AREA
- DINOSAUR NATIONAL MONUMENT
- FLORISSANT FOSSIL BEDS NATIONAL MONUMENT
- MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
- GREAT SAND DUNES NATIONAL PARK
- HOVENWEEP NATIONAL MONUMENT
- SAND CREEK MASSACRE NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
- YUCCA HOUSE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- HIKES BY CATEGORY
- $UPPORT GHC
- INTERACTIVE MAP